As parents, we are all on the same team. Trying to raise conscientious, courteous and well-rounded kiddos. However, not every day looks entirely picture perfect (and unfortunately, I am having one of those days). So here is my gift of wishes to you, my fellow parents…
1. The 5-minute snooze in the car would not annihilate the afternoon naptime.
2. Temper-tantrums sounded like music to my ears, as well as to those in my near surrounding.
3. That children were born potty-trained (especially since we are already on accident #3 for the day…but who’s counting).
4. Our friend’s kids weren’t quite so perfect.
5. Everyone didn’t have so much advice for how to raise my kid.
6. I could protect my littles from every disappointment, failure, criticism and mean-girl comment.
7. Parenting was easier.
8. College was free.
9. On some days, that my children grew up faster.
10. And on others, that they would slow on down.
11. Spinach tasted more like chocolate.
12. It was safe for all children to play outside.
13. Each day was filled with laughter.
14. We knew the answers to our child’s homework (darn, they are so much smarter than I).
15. California was next to Texas (since my daughter is leaving for college soon)…and for the rest of you, that we didn’t ever have to say good-bye.
16. We could fix boo-boos.
17. Parents had a built-in energy booster.
18. Kids would sleep through the night.
19. Teenagers would put down their iphones and look me in the eye.
20. They wouldn’t change a bit…because wow, I love them just the way they are.
“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being” Ephesians 3:16
Out of curiousity, what would you wish for?